Ravenna: Byzantine Mosaics & food tasting tour
Minimum of 2 Adults for this tour to operate
- Adult (Ages 13+) minimum of 4 people
- Child (2 to 12 years old)
Byzantine Mosaics & food tasting tour
Enjoy a taste of Ravenna, taking in its gorgeous mosaics and sampling delicious local specialties. Discover Romagna and Byzantine food traditions.
Take a guided tour of Ravenna’s city center to experience its stunning Byzantine World Heritage. Visit the Basilica di San Vitale, the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, and the Basilica di Sant’Apollinare Nuovo, and marvel at the multicolored mosaics. During the walk stop in a lovely traditional food shop for a sweet tasting. Walk to Dante’s tomb and the Piazza del Popolo, the Venetian main square.
- Admire ancient Byzantine World Heritage mosaics
- Stop at a family-owned chocolate shop for a tasting
- Sample local specialties at an osteria or piadineria
The will end with an aperitif in a local osteria or piadineria. Enjoy the Romagna tagliere with salami and cheese, and local wine.
- 3-hour guided tour
- Chocolate tasting for two persons
- Aperitif snack (tagliere with salami and local cheese and a glass of wine)
- Entrance fee for monuments: €8.50 per person (from March 1 to June 15 there is an additional fee of €2 for the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia)
- Coffee breaks and other personal expenses
- Private taxi or public transportation
- Headsets (€2 per person; on request)