Discovering Parma’s castles and hills has never been so easy and fun! Enjoy a relaxing bike ride throughout the city.
Parma Food Tour – Full Day
- Adult (ages 11+) From 2 to 20 persons
- Child (ages 4-10)
Enjoy Parma’s most delicious foods
HIGHLIGHTS: Calling all food enthusiasts who want to share their “how-is-it-made” experiences with fellow travelers from around the globe! Learn about PDO and prepare to become a food ambassador!
09:30 am: Departure from Parma towards the so-called Highlands. Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy and learn about every step of the natural making process that leads to the “birth” of the king of all cheeses. Enter the impressive aging rooms and walk among 5000 Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheels. Taste cheese of different ages and savor how it improves over time.
To follow: Travel through the beautiful Parma countryside where the sea breeze crosses the hills and makes this area ideal for Parma ham making. Inside a Parma ham factory, follow the journey of this prestigious ham from careful meat selection until its meticulous aging. Taste the unique sweetness of Parma ham and other local cold cuts.
To follow: A good old trattoria is a must-stop for all foodies. In this traditional and cozy restaurant, try the best of what Parma cuisine can offer, matched with a nice glass of local wine. Your menu includes starters, tortelli d’erbetta (homemade pasta filled with ricotta cheese and spinach), seasonal dessert, a glass of Lambrusco wine, water, and coffee. The menu could vary according to the season. Should you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please inform us at the time of booking, and an alternative menu will be suggested.
To follow: Enter a 300-year-old mansion and smell the unique scent of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar. Listen to the story of a family that considers vinegar its most precious gift in life. Admire barrels filled with black gold, aged up to 25 years. Savor balsamic vinegar of different ages and discover unusual (and incredibly yummy!) recipes combining it with meat tartare, seafood, and desserts.
05:00 pm: End of the activities and drop off in Parma.
- Dedicated English/Italian-speaking guide for the entire tour
- Admission tickets to all factories
- Product tastings as per the tour itinerary
- Light lunch
- Minibus transfers with a maximum of 20 participants
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions
- No penalties for cancellations made up to 24 hours before the tour
- 100% penalty for cancellations made within 24 hours of the tour or for no-shows
- Program: The itinerary described may undergo minor changes in timing.
- Seeing craftsmen at work is not guaranteed for every production due to the artisanal nature of the products, which may not have a set working cycle (e.g. Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, wine making, Prosciutto di Parma, Culatello).
- Parking: If you plan to drive to Parma from another city, please note that the meeting point is located just outside the Parcheggio Toschi (Address: Viale Paolo Toschi, 2, Parma), where you can park your car.
- If you plan to arrive in Parma by train, take the main exit from the station to Viale Paolo Borsellino. From there, it will take approximately 10-12 minutes to walk to the meeting point.
- Departure time: We strongly recommend arriving at the meeting point at least 10 minutes in advance. Due to the tour schedule, the bus cannot leave later than 9:30 am. If you are running late, please contact us immediately, and we will advise you on how to join the group independently at the first stop.