Discovering Parma’s castles and hills has never been so easy and fun! Enjoy a relaxing bike ride throughout the city.
Parma Food Tour – Full Day
- Adult (ages 11+)
- Child (ages 4-10)
Enjoy Parma’s most delicious foods
For all foodies out there wishing to share their how-is-it-made experience with other passengers from all over the world! Discover what PDO means and get ready to become a food ambassador!
08.45 am: Departure from Parma towards the so-called Highlands.
09.00 am: Meet the first local host directly on site and visit an authentic family-run producer of Parmigiano-Reggiano PDO: you’ll be a privileged witness of an out-an-out natural birth…a magical practice that has been repeated by the skillful hands of the cheese master makers every single day in the same way for at least 1.000 years now! Final tasting of 2-3 different ageings.
10:30 am: Back on board and head on to the panoramic hills of Parma.
11:15 am: Start your discovery tour of a small, artisanal, family-run Prosciutto di Parma PDO producer: from the fresh meat trimming area to the drying rooms upstairs exposed to the sea breeze and the final ageing cellars, you will catch the secret of this true food icon. Rich final tasting: Prosciutto di Parma, other typical cured meats, Parmigiano Reggiano, homemade cakes, local wine, water and coffee.
1:00 pm: Head on to the province of Reggio-Emilia.
1.30 pm: Last but not least, the most mysterious product of the region, i.e. Traditional Balsamic Vinegar PDO, will be unveiled at a small top-notch family-run farm producing both Lambrusco wine and a full range of aceti: you’ll learn the difference between the
authentic product, aka “black gold”, and the balsamic condiments that you usually find in the supermarkets. Final tasting: the 3 ageings of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar.
2.30 pm: End of activities and head back to Parma.
· Transportation by private minibus;
· Guided visit & tasting at a Parmigiano-Reggiano dairy;
· Guided visit & tasting at a Prosciutto di Parma producer;
· Guided visit & tasting at a Traditional Balsamic Vinegar producer.
· private guide on board;
· everything not mentioned in the inclusions.
· Program: the described program may undergo minor changes in the timings
· Guide: there is no private guide on board. Explanations are given directly by the producers at each stop. If you prefer a tour with a private guide at disposal you should opt for the FOOD VALLEY GOURMET TOUR FULL DAY.
· Our drivers are NOT driver-guides, since this kind of professional profile is forbidden by the Italian law.
· It is not guaranteed to see the craftsmen at work at every production: being artisanal and not industrial products, the working cycle is not repeated
every day at the same time (eg. Traditional Balsamic Vinegar DOP, wine making, Prosciutto di Parma).
· No penalties up to 48 hours before the tour;
· From 47 to 24 hours before the tour: 50% penalty;
· No Show: 100% penalty.